It began as a bi-monthly publication, free to every household in Hexthorpe, in 1989. It has continued throughout the years until now.
The full issue can be read here.
Several messages of congratulations have been received:
- Glyn Jones (Hexthorpe & Balby North Councillor
- “Having represented Hexthorpe for over 18 years I know and highly value the positive contribution that the Hexpress has brought to the community of Hexthorpe, reporting on many rich and diverse issues that Hexthorpe has had over the years. The editorial staff and everyone involved with the Hexpress have consistently shown their deep rooted constructive optimism for the future and continue to do so, offering both praise and occasional criticism where required. I eagerly await future editions!”
- Ros Jones Mayor of Doncaster
- “Many congratulations to everyone involved in Hexpress on producing this 100th edition. What a fantastic achievement. Hexpress really is a great asset for our community, keeping local people informed about what is happening in and around Hexthorpe. I know it is highly valued and appreciated by local residents. Well done to everyone who has contributed to making it such a success. Here’s to the next 100 editions!”
- Dame Rosie Winterton M.P. for Doncaster Central
- “I am delighted to congratulate all at the Hexpress on their 100th edition. The Hexpress plays a vital role in keeping the people of Hexthorpe informed about local news and local activities. I know how hard local organisations are working in the Hexthorpe area to build a cohesive, caring community. The Hexpress epitomises that spirit of working together.”